AGRICULTURAL SERVICE BOARD
The County of Two Hills ASB Department is directed by the Agricultural Service Board (ASB). The ASB strives to act with respect to, and assist in, proper land utilization and its production with a view to improving the economic well being of the farmer, and to develop and promote agricultural policies to meet the needs of the agricultural community in the County.
ASB activities include: providing for weed and pest control, soil and water conservation, assisting in the control of animal diseases, encouraging sustainable agriculture to improve the economic viability of producers, and promoting agricultural policies that meet the needs of the municipality.
Fieldman - Operations
Municipal Conservation Coordinator
Toll Free: 877-657-3359
The ASB Department can provide information on Integrated Vegetation Management (weed control, roadside spraying and mowing programs) and Pest Control (clubroot, fusarium, coyote and beaver control, and other pest issues).
Find out more about Agricultural Programs here
The Municipal Conservation Coordinator is available to provide information on and assistance with environmental plans and programs. Programs available include Alberta Environmental Farm Plan, Canadian Agricultural Partnership (CAP), Farm Energy and Agri-Processing Program (FEAP), On-Farm Solar Photovoltaics Program and Shelterbelts.
Find out more about Environmental Programs here
The ASB Department offers a wide variety of equipment for rent or sale, as well as custom services. Contact the ASB Department to reserve equipment or arrange for custom services.
Find out more about Equipment Rental and Custom Services here
The Agricultural Service Board will sponsor a number of local producers by providing paid registrations and accommodations to attend conferences that provide the latest information and developments in the Agricultural/Environmental Industry.
Find out more about Producer Sponsorship here
The ASB Department offers various workshops throughout the year to provide agricultural information and education.
Find out more about Workshops here
- Alberta Mental Health Help Line 1-877-303-2642 or Dial 811
- The Do More Agriculture Foundation Do More Ag is a not-for-profit organization focusing on mental health in agriculture across Canada.
Government Links & Resources
- Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada (AAFC)
- Alberta Agriculture and Forestry
- Alberta Environment and Parks
- Alberta Invasive Species Council
- Alberta Insect Pest Monitoring Network
- Canadian Food Inspection Agency
- Association of Alberta Agricultural Fieldmen
- Ag Plastics Fact Sheet
- Cows and Fish (Alberta Habitat Management Society)
- Ducks Unlimited
- Natural Resources Conservation Board
- Vermillion River Watershed Alliance
- North Saskatchewan Watershed Alliance
- Agroforestry & Woodlot Extension Society
- Alberta Beef Producers
- Canadian Cattlemen’s Association
- Beef Cattle Research Council (BCRC)
- Canadian Cattle Identification Agency
- Livestock Identification Services Ltd.
- Alberta Barley
- Alberta Canola Producers Commission
- Alberta Wheat Commission
- Canola Council of Canada